Logic Pro has always been one of the most powerful and popular DAWs on the planet. For many years it has provided all that is necessary to create a production from writing stage all the way to the mastering stage. Indeed Logic Pro is one of the most comprehensive DAWs ever made. Due to the program’s wealth of features, instruments and effects plugins I can only imagine, that it must be quite a daunting task to update. Kudos to Apple and the Logic Pro team for another great release.
Plugins Have Been Redesigned
Many of the built-in audio effects plugins have been redesigned for retina support. These include:
- Delay > Sample Delay
- Delay > Stereo Delay
- Delay > Tape Delay
- Distortion > Bit Crusher
- Distortion > Clip Distortion
- Distortion > Distortion
- Distortion > Overdrive
- Distortion > Phase Distortion
- Dynamics > Adaptive Limiter
- Dynamics > Limiter (Aside from these 2 limiters, the dynamics section got no love in this release).
- Filter > AutoFilter (Logic Pro’s comprehensive filter plugin has gotten a long overdue update)
- Modulation > Almost Every plugin in this section (with the exception of Ringshifter, Scanner Vibroto, Rotation Cabinet) received an update.
- Reverb > EnVerb
- Reverb > SilverVerb (No love for PlatinumVerb yet)
- Utility > Test Oscillator
- Metering > Correlation Meter
- Metering > Level Meter
- Metering > MultiMeter
- None of the Software Instruments (such as ES2 and EXS24) have received an update.
Alchemy Text scaling/rendering has been refined for a sharper appearance. For instance, on a monitor with a resolution of 1388×768, a plugin such as Alchemy scaled at 86% looks much clearer than it did in version 10.2.0
See screenshots below
The Splash Screen Is Back
The splash screen is back on El Capitan. Those LPX users who upgraded to El Capitan found themselves without a splash screen for quite some time. The splash screen provides very useful functionality such as to tell you what is taking place as Logic Pro X loads (as apposed to user thinking that the program has frozen). This update has solved this issue.
Name Plugins in the Plugin Manager
“There are two new columns in the Plug-In Manager that can be used to assign long and/or short names to each of the plug-ins. The longer name appears in the menu, and the shorter name appears in the plug-in insert.”
This has been a feature I have been asking for, for quite some time now. Very handy especially for plugin manufactures who love long horrendous names.
Export Multiple Regions
“You can now use the Export Region as Audio File command with multiple selected regions.”
Before you could only export one region at a time or all of them.
Bounce Multiple Tracks in Place
“Bounce Tracks in Place now works for multiple selected tracks.” Extremely useful for printing many instrument tracks to audio tracks in one go.
Track Stacks in Mixer
You can now create and flatten Track Stacks in the Mixer in Tracks view.
For the entire list of updates see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
You must be logged in to post a comment.